Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is Colorado’s industry leader in Traffic Signal Construction and Maintenance as well as Intelligent Traffic Systems. We are a strong and stable company that has been in business for 36 years with over 250 employees. Lumin8 provides maintenance services for the majority of governmental agencies in the Denver metro area. Lumin8 offers competitive pay, benefits, safe working conditions, and stable employment.
- Installing electric services, troubleshoot and repairs luminaires, lighting and branch circuits, and service equipment.
- Safe operation of power tools, hand tools, testing equipment, and industry vehicles.
- Install and maintain equipment and back-up power sources critical to the transportation industry.
- Read circuit diagrams in order to identify potential issues in a timely manner.
- Accurately count and order material and supplies needed to complete tasks.
- Install underground and overhead conductors as needed to supply power to roadway lighting, signs, traffic signals, communications equipment and other critical systems.
- Occasionally supervise fellow employees to ensure safe work practices around electrical equipment.
- Assign tasks related to electrical installations and inspect work to ensure it meets company and NEC standards.
- Operate bucket trucks, dump trucks, and excavation equipment as needed.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Occasional, with room to step in to supervisor role.
Education and/or Experience:
- Completed apprenticeship program, 1 year as licensed journeyman
- Knowledge of the lock out tag out program
- Ability to read and understand SDS
- OSHA 10 or 30
- Service or maintenance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical theory and methods, materials, tools, equipment, and systems used in the electrical trade required.
- Thorough knowledge of NEC and regulations pertaining to the electrical trade required.
- Inspection and knowledge of all electrical systems (0-600 volts) AC and DC required, as well as knowledge and identification of overhead and underground distributions systems
- Methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment required.
- Knowledge of safety precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of electronic and mechanical equipment required.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a Team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds, climb latter’s, and run equipment.
- Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, wind, or ice.
- Be exposed to temperatures both hot and cold.
- Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
- Live traffic.
This is an hourly position paying $32 to $38 per hour depending on experience. The following benefits are included after successfully completing a trial period:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability – Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan (with matching)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
Qualified veterans, minorities, and women encouraged to apply.
Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing our employees a Safe and a Drug-Free Environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing and background check.
Candidates must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.