Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is Georgia’s industry leader in traffic signal construction and maintenance, as well as Intelligent Traffic Systems deployment. We are a strong and stable company that has been in business for over 35 years with over 250 employees and projects that vary in size up to $10 million. We provide contracting and construction services to Georgia’s heavy highway and transportation industries. We offer competitive pay and benefits, good conditions, and stable employment.
We are looking for an Electrician.
- Installing electric services, troubleshoot and repairs luminaires, lighting and branch circuits, and service equipment.
- Safe operation of power tools, hand tools, testing equipment, and industry vehicles.
- Install and maintain equipment and back-up power sources critical to the transportation industry.
- Read circuit diagrams in order to identify potential issues in a timely manner.
- Accurately count and order material and supplies needed to complete tasks.
- Install underground and overhead conductors as needed to supply power to roadway lighting, signs, traffic signals, communications equipment and other critical systems.
- Occasionally supervise fellow employees to ensure safe work practices around electrical equipment.
- Assign tasks related to electrical installations and inspect work to ensure it meets company and NEC standards.
- Operate bucket trucks, dump trucks, and excavation equipment as needed.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Occasional, with room to step in to supervisor role.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1 year as licensed journeyman
- Knowledge of the lock out tag out program
- Ability to read and understand SDS
- OSHA 10 or 30
- Service or maintenance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical theory and methods, materials, tools, equipment, and systems used in the electrical trade required.
- Thorough knowledge of NEC and regulations pertaining to the electrical trade required.
- Inspection and knowledge of all electrical systems (0-600 volts) AC and DC required, as well as knowledge and identification of overhead and underground distributions systems
- Methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment required.
- Knowledge of safety precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of electronic and mechanical equipment required.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a Team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds, climb latter’s, and run equipment.
- Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, wind, or ice.
- Be exposed to temperatures both hot and cold.
- Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
- Live traffic.
This is an hourly position paying $30 per hour. The following benefits are included after successfully completing a trial period:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability – Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan (with matching)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
Qualified veterans, minorities, and women encouraged to apply.
Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing our employees a Safe and a Drug-Free Environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing and background check.
Candidates must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.