Fiber Splicer Technician
Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is Georgia’s industry leader in Traffic Signal Construction and Maintenance as well as Intelligent Traffic Systems. We are a strong and stable company that has been in business for 36 years with over 250 employees.
JOB TITLE: Fiber Splicer Technician
JOB CLASS: Hourly, Full Time
JOB HOURS: 40 hour week, typically M-F 7:00am to 3:30pm with possible variations to accommodate specific project requirements. Occasional overtime and weekend work as required.
SALARY RANGE: $17 – $25
Fiber Splicer Technician Responsibilities:
The desired applicant will understand the process of installing and networking OSP fiber networks. This will require reading prints to understand the installation process, reading and understanding splice allocations and ability to recognize the purpose behind them, and finally usage of the OTDR and how to test and prep test reports.
Other duties include:
- Testing/Troubleshooting equipment prior to installation.
- Comply with all OSHA safety regulation
- Correctly set up safety perimeters and signage.
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting all paperwork necessary for jobs completed
- Maintain a clean work environment including trucks/trailers
- Drive and maintain work truck including fluid levels, tire pressure and reporting any problems to a supervisor.
- Maintain job specific inventory and equipment
The candidate must have some basic computer skills and be able to communicate via email. Desired applicant will have Excel experience.
- Minimum 2-years previous experience
- May be required to work some nights, weekends or be on call.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have strong communication skills and maintain a professional attitude
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have valid driver license – CDL preferred
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be at least 18 years old and be legal to work in the US
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must have your own transportation
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Must be able to work standing for full shift
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at high elevations (man holes, hydraulic lift bucket, poles, ladders etc.)
- Lift up to 75lbs
The following benefits are included after successfully completing a trial period:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability – Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan (with matching)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays