Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is Georgia’s industry leader in Traffic Signal Construction and Maintenance as well as Intelligent Traffic Systems. We are a strong and stable company that has been in business for 36 years with over 250 employees. Lumin8 provides maintenance services for the majority of governmental agencies in Newnan and Marietta GA. Lumin8 offers competitive pay, benefits, safe working conditions, and stable employment.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform normal and customary duties associated with operations
- Responsible for the direct supervision of crew/employees
- Involved in pre-job meetings as requested
- Provide thorough communications for all jobs with the Area Manager/Area Supervisor
- Responsible for assuring that work crew begins working as soon as they are on the clock
- Responsible for assuring that all needed tools and equipment are on hand and in good working order for the crew’s daily tasks
- Accurately complete documentation and daily reports and submit in a timely manner
- Hold weekly safety meetings for all subordinates
- Responsible for the quality of work done on the job, assuring that all work performed by the crew(s) meets or exceeds the customer’s or our quality standards and requirements, whichever is greater
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and that the work adheres to construction schedules
- Communicate to the Area Manager/Area Supervisor any complaints and grievances with the workforce as needed documenting the problems and resolution; assist in mediating and resolving employee conflicts
- Accurately record employee time, equipment usage, production quantities, materials and job notes and submit the information in the required timeframe
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working order and perform field repairs as needed; Coordinate equipment maintenance with the Area Manager/Area Supervisor and notify him/her of breakdowns and required repairs
- Train and mentor employees on the crew ensuring their performance is at a consistent quality level
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas that are secure from unlawful intrusions and protect the public
- Communicate and cooperate with the homeowners, business owners and job inspector(s) on job sites.
- Provide a safe working environment for the crews by following and administering the company safety program
- Communicate any problems/concerns to the Area Manager/Area Supervisor.
- Actively communicate with crews and Area Manager/Area Supervisor as required
- Actively communicate and handle customer complaints to resolution when appropriate
- Communicate and cooperate with the job inspector, Area Manager/Area Supervisor, Support Services Group and Safety Manager on job details and requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Foreman experience preferred
- English required. Spanish preferred.
- Good basic math, reading and writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and precision work skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills (three years minimum experience in a leadership role)
- Five years previous related construction experience
- Ability to share expertise with others and continually build their knowledge and skills
- Dependable and able to perform physically demanding work while being exposed to outside weather conditions; specifically, standing for extended periods of time
- Able to successfully pass pre-employment and random drug testing per company policy and Federal Department of Transportation regulations
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds on a daily and continual basis
- Current driver’s license with no restrictions
- Willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety regulations
- Distance and peripheral vision
- Able to work overtime as dictated by workload volumes
- Willingness to travel as determined by customer contracts.
This is a hourly position paying $ 22.00 to $30.00 per hour depending on experience. The following benefits are included after successfully completing a trial period:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability – Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan (with matching)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
Qualified veterans, minorities, and women encouraged to apply.
Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a safe and a drug-free environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing and background check.
Candidates must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.