traffic signal technician imsa level I, II, or iii
Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is Colorado’s industry leader in Traffic Signal Construction and Maintenance as well as Intelligent Traffic Systems. We are a strong and stable company that has been in business for 36 years with over 250 employees. Lumin8 provides maintenance services for the majority of governmental agencies in the Denver metro area. Lumin8 offers competitive pay, benefits, safe working conditions, and stable employment.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Skilled and technical work in the maintenance and repair of traffic signal systems, highway lighting, and other transportation related systems.
- On call duties, emergency trouble calls, preventative maintenance, emergency maintenance, minor signal repairs, small construction projects, locates, and cabinet set-up & testing.
- Assist Foreman with supervision and training of subordinate employees.
- Fulfill the company tool list requirements.
- Complete and turn in required personal paperwork.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Communications with customers and other contractors.
- Responsible for maintaining and renewing required certifications and licenses.
- Provide your own transportation to and from work and/or be responsible for company assigned vehicle if provided and typically report to work at the job site.
- Abide by all the company safety rules
- Wear proper PPE while on the job site and in the yard for lifting operations to include: Safety-toed work boots, safety vest, work gloves, and hard hat.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum five years’ experience.
- Proficient at programming and setting up controllers, video detection, and communications equipment.
- Proficient at troubleshooting and repairs.
- Proficient with basic hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient with general and specialized test equipment such as: multimeter, loop analyzer, locator, controller tester, monitor tester, and other related equipment.
- Proficient at traffic signal wiring.
- Familiar with the MUTCD, NEC, CDOT & Local specifications & standards, Customer and Project specific specifications and standards.
- Proficiently read plans and schematic diagrams.
- Have intermediate level of computer skills.
- Perform with minimum supervision.
- Perform heavy physical work, often under adverse weather conditions.
- To follow and transmit clear written and verbal instructions.
- To communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with others.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, and TRAINING:
- Must possess and maintain valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Must maintain a valid medical card if you have a CDL driver’s license.
- Be insurable.
- Hazard Communications/MSDS, Blood Borne Pathogens, Hantavirus, Respiratory Protection
- Bucket Truck/Aerial Lift, and fall protection.
- Trencher, Excavation, and Utility Damage Prevention.
- Crane and Rigging/Material Handling
- IMSA Traffic Signal Level I, II, or III Field Construction Certification.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work at heights over 20 feet.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
This is a “Full Time” hourly position paying $25.00 to $39.00 per hour depending on experience and level. The following benefits are included after successfully completing a trial period:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability – Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan (with matching)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
Qualified veterans, minorities, and women encouraged to apply.
Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a safe and a drug-free environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing and background check.
Candidates must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.