New Fabrication and repair of various pieces of equipment including but not limited to.
- Medium and heavy-duty trucks
- Small-medium sized earth moving equipment
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Repairs and fabricates various items and equipment using cutting and welding techniques and equipment.
- Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair. Must be proficient with MIG, oxy acetylene and stick, TIG preferred.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models, and blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship OR successful completion of an in-company, three-year training program required.
- Minimum 3 years’ job experience in fabrication, structural welding, or equipment repair.
- Up to date welding certificates preferred but not required.
- Experience in fields other than welding i.e., hydraulic, and basic mechanical repair preferred.
- Some field/service truck experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
This is a hourly position paying $ 25.00 to $30.00 per hour depending on experience. The following benefits are included after successfully completing a trial period:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability – Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan (with matching)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
Qualified veterans, minorities, and women encouraged to apply.
Lumin8 Transportation Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a safe and a drug-free environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing and background check
Candidates must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.